Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Politico: Sycophantic or Disingenuous -- Take Your Pick

Politico's chief political correspondent, Mike Allen, had this exchange with Hugh Hewitt:

HH: ...Let’s talk about what I think is the real story here. There are two of them. One is Barack Obama is the real deal. He’s supposed to come in around $20 million. I’m stunned by that. Number two, I think John McCain’s running on empty, Mike Allen. What do you think?

MA: Well, we can’t know that, because I agree with what Patrick Ruffini wrote today on one of my favorite blogs, Hughhewitt.com, that money doesn’t tell you everything.


I'm chastened. Apparently, Politico no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt. Memo to Politico: If you want your scribblers taken seriously, maybe they ought not appear in between interviews of Tom Tancredo and Mitt Romney.

No comments: