Friday, October 08, 2010

How Modest.

Omg.

HH: So Pete [Wehner], if the theologians you cite in this book, Karl Barth and Bonhoeffer, and many others, had access to everything that you had access to, and [Michael] Gerson had access to, do you believe that they would credit the conduct of the [Iraq] war, as it was done by the President and his team, as just?

PW: That’s a great question. I’m not sure if all of the theologians that we cite, where they would come out, because I think this is a very hard question. And different theologians are going to come down on different sides of it. I do know that I felt like, Mike and I felt, and the President feels that the war met the criterion in terms of being a just war. And I think actually when history is written, it will be seen as a war that liberated people and advanced the moral good. But I’m not arrogant enough to think that there would be unanimity about great Christian minds on this[.]

No comments: