Friday, October 16, 2009

Take This Red Book and Shove It, Wingnuts.

I see the wingnuts are having a collective ragegasm because heretofore unknown White House flack Anita Dunn favorably quoted Mao.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a certain Republican candidate for president who did the same -- three times?



McCain on a blogger conference call:

The WWS: "How you doin' Senator?"

McCain: "You know Michael, in the words of Chairman Mao, it's always darkest before it's totally black...(laughing)


McCain in New Hampshire:


Despite the meltdown of his near-bankrupt campaign, McCain showed no outward signs of despair--not even when one reporter impishly asked him whether we have a better chance of winning in Iraq than he does at winning the nomination. I braced for a flash of McCain's famous temper, but instead he just chuckled. "In the words of Chairman Mao, it's always darkest before it's black," McCain cracked.


McCain on Letterman:

"I think we had some difficulties and righted the ship," McCain told Letterman. "For a while there, I was reminded of the words of Chairman Mao, who said it's always darkest before it's totally black."

Please find me a single wingnut who chastised McCain for this. Please?

BT adds...

It's actually 4 times. Including last week.

No comments: