Monday, July 06, 2009

Ross Douthat's Christian martyr.

Please.

And that's pretty much exactly all of wingnuttia -- and Putz's take.
I don’t know if it has anything to do with her decision, but she’s been subjected — along with her family — to more abuse than any other non-national-officeholder I can think of.
Proving yet again that wingnuts are the whiniest bitches on the planet.

UPDATE

The comments on Putz's poll are pretty funny. A sample.
I was raised under Reagan and spent my adulthood as a Republican, that is, until the GOP blew its own brains out. Now, I"m a Libertarian.

I write this because I want my views taken in context.

Sarah Palin should NEVER involve herself again in National Politics. Between believing the co-existence of humans and dinosaurs and her idiotic treatment of wolves and other animals, she has turned herself into the poison pill of politics.

The Tea Party movement is too important to be undermined by her presence. I fear her presence will push people away. It will do so for me, instantly.

Yes, to an actual libertarian, a half-wit Christianist like Palin should be incredibly alarming.

I like Palin, but, don't think she is Presidential material.

Don't think?
Please. The admiration for Palin indicates just how the barren is the field of GOP candidates. We are so desparate for a "winner" that we of Eisenhower, (general), Nixon (lawyer, congressman, senator and VP), Reagan (twice gov of Calif., long time Pres of SAG, comitted to conservative principles) settle for a nice and energetic but rather inarticulate, small town mayor who has not finished one term as Alaska's gov. This veneer of experience is why we rightly criticized Obama.

I don't dislike her and admire her for what she's done (while being a mom 5 times, take that Maureen Dowd, you barren woman), she is not ready for prime time. Her understanding of principles--why small govt matters for example--is only micometers deep if that. Her speaking ability is not much better than GWB's.

So let her practice speaking, ponder the federalist papers, read some history, and be somehting more than a "maverick." Then we'll see.


No comments: