Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pajama Putziness.

Putz is funny:

When I first started back in 2001, the blogosphere was a relatively small place: I actually had a pretty good handle on what was going on in general. Now it's gigantic, and I often run across highly trafficked blogs I've never heard of before. It was also a place where people made a big effort to be civil; that seemed to fade after the 2002 elections and has mostly gotten worse ever since. I'm tempted to blame the influence of anonymous comment-trolls, but it's also the case that other media have grown much less civil in recent years, so there's probably a larger societal influence there, too.


He's right! I'm sure the loss of civility was not at all an outgrowth of continued warmongering in the face of defeat, potshots at anti-war protesters, a willingness to play Hurricane Katrina for laughs, passive-aggressive homophobia and the canonization of Joe the Plumber...

Nope. The loss of civility, which, much like conservative citizen journalism, never really existed, was totally the fault of some commenters.

Hehindeedy!

No comments: