Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Joe Klein And Hugh Hewitt Are, Once Again, Kissing in a Tree.

I knew that, despite their differences, Hugh Hewitt and Joe Klein could not remain apart forever. Their love was too strong.

So I wasn't really surprised to see yesterday's exchange:
HH: The gay and lesbian community up in arms over his relationship with James Meeks, who is very, in the words that they use, very homophobic. Does that sort of an attack from a traditional Democratic interest group bother you?

JK: No. I mean, really, I’ll tell you, bother me? I mean, the things I’m interested in are the big ones. I’m interested in foreign policy, national security, an alternative energy plan, the economy, those sort of things.

HH: Gay rights don’t matter?

JK: …And on those issues. That’s where I think that this campaign can go. You know, Hugh, we have a big choice this year.

HH: But do gay rights matter, Joe?

JK: No, I mean, I don’t think that they matter nearly as much as this other stuff.


Way to walk yourself back, Joe.

I, for one, would like to see a list of Joe's priorities. I imagine gay rights falls somewhere between 'abolishing the penny' and 'having his oil changed.'

No comments: