Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Debate Transcript Is Wrong. I Think.

I just got around to watching the clip of Tim Russert grilling Barack Obama about Louis Farrakhan. What I've found is that the media may have collectively fucked up. Here's is how The New York Times, which I'm told is 'in the tank for Obama', renders the exchange.

MR. RUSSERT: Senator Obama, one of the things in a campaign is that you have to react to unexpected developments.

On Sunday, the headline in your hometown paper, Chicago Tribune: "Louis Farrakhan Backs Obama for President at Nation of Islam Convention in Chicago." Do you accept the support of Louis Farrakhan?

SEN. OBAMA: You know, I have been very clear in my denunciation of Minister Farrakhan's anti-Semitic comments.


This is wrong. Even MediaMatters gets it wrong.



MR. RUSSERT: Do you accept the support of Louis Farrakhan?

SEN. OBAMA: No, I have been very clear in my denunciation of Minister Farrakhan's anti-Semitic comments.


InstaPutz readers, what's your take?

No comments: