Monday, December 03, 2007

Is This a New Low? I'm Not Sure.

But you must admit that, even by Putz's standards, this is repulsive:

WELL, THAT'S CONVENIENT: "A new assessment by American intelligence agencies concludes that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and that the program remains on hold, contradicting an assessment two years ago that Tehran was working inexorably toward building a bomb."

But what could have happened in 2003 that might have persuaded the Iranians to stop work on a weapon of mass destruction?

UPDATE: I just got an email with this story under the subject line "Your Zionist lies exposed." But actually I think that's a mistaken take, because I don't think this story cuts that way at all. This story lets the Bush Administration take credit for pressuring Iran into stopping its weapons program by invading Iraq -- meaning that the invasion really did end a major WMD threat -- and also punt further serious action on the Iran issue to the next administration. Cui bono? I think it's pretty obvious. . . .

Golly. Let's see if I understand this:

-- The lack of a nuclear program, rather than good news, is "convenient." Yes, 16 American spy agencies have darkly conspired to nix Michael Ledeen's wet dream of a liquidated Tehran.

-- The annihilation of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Americans is even more justified and schwing-worthy because Iran didn't have nukes and hasn't pursued nukes since, well, Bush was popular. Consequently, Julius Claudius Hanson sleeps like a bloodthirsty retarded baby and all is right with the world.

Shall I presume it ain't worth asking if Putz is embarrassed by his fatwa on Iranian scientists? I think I shall.

No comments: