Monday, July 30, 2007

The Real Roger Simon

I wasn't that close, except that (as predicted) Roger's post on the death of Bergman -- one of the century's great artists -- is all about Roger Fucking Simon. "I will never forget when I first saw Wild Strawberries at the age of sixteen. ..." So. Fucking. What!1.

Oh, and not to speak ill of the dead, but it seems that we have Iggy to thank for Simon's movie career.

The Seventh Seal
doesn't quite make up for that.

1. I'll never forgot, during those heady film school days, when Miramax flack R. Gladstein inflicted Cider House Rules on us. He began his talk with the words, "You may have seen a little movie I produced -- it's called Reservoir Dogs..." at which point me and the girlfriend walked out. "Fuck him," she said quite audibly.

No comments: