Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Simpsons Cat Lady makes Christopher Orr tired.

Christopher Orr, writing about the Althouse/onion rings incident, writes:

In a series of posts to the comments section last night, Ann Althouse took issue with my earlier item regarding her sexual analysis of the Hillary Clinton "Sopranos" ad. I am, evidently, a "prissy stick in the mud" with a "low level" of "diligence and comprehension." By the time she wrote a later post at her own site, she had worked herself into the full froth that will be familiar to anyone who saw her iconic bloggingheads meltdown, referring to me as "the most pathetic member of the swarm." She's demanded multiple apologies.

I fear the best I can do is to say that I'm rather sorry to have engaged her at all. Readers can judge for themselves my diligence, comprehension, prissiness, etc. But for the record:

1) I never claimed that she "threatened to sue" a blogger who insulted her; I described her as "suggesting she could sue him," which she did. My main point, as she knows, was to point out that exactly three sentences after complaining that the blogger wrote "sexual things" about her, she theorized that he had a small penis and would therefore prefer phallic calamari to vagina-like onion rings. A lovely subsequent Althouse post drove this same point home visually. (Honestly, that may be it for me and fried food.)

Now we feel partially responsible for all this since Instaputz was the target of the law suit/small penis stuff.

All we can say is: Heh.

No comments: