Monday, May 14, 2007

Air America.

I agree:
Then, some intelligent liberals who actually know how to run a radio network can start a new one from the ground up, because the Air America liberal radio experiment has officially failed.
The whole idea of starting a liberal network from scratch was over ambitious to begin with. I think it would've been better if they'd gotten Franken's show syndicated, let it grow an audience through more established channels, and really built on that. Look at what Keith's done at MSNBC.

It took the drug-addicted college dropout divorced draft dodger many years to build his brand, and the business grew organically around that brand. Now there's dozens of mini-Rushbos on the radio, but there was no grand plan for it to be that way.

Still, AA's been a mixed bag. I've never been a big fan of Randi Rhodes, whose hyperbole is so over-the-top it's just exhausting. But I do like Ed Schultz a lot, and I'd never heard of him before I started listening to AA.

No comments: