Thursday, February 01, 2007

One week, and it's time to pay up, Jonah.

Remember the Jonah Goldberg/Juan Cole wager? I do.

On 2/8/05, Goldberg wrote:
Anyway, I do think my judgment is superior to his [Juan Cole's] when it comes to the big picture. So, I have an idea: Since he doesn't want to debate anything except his own brilliance, let's make a bet. I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was worth it. I'll bet $1,000 (which I can hardly spare right now). This way neither of us can hide behind clever word play or CV reading. If there's another reasonable wager Cole wants to offer which would measure our judgment, I'm all ears. Money where your mouth is, doc.
They don't call him Pantload for nothing.

No comments: