Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Great plan, Bill!

What is Clinton thinking?
“If we cut government spending, which I normally would be very inclined to do when the deficit’s this big, with interest rates already near zero, you can’t get the benefits out of it,” Clinton said. “So what I’d like to see them do is come up with a bipartisan approach, starting with the payroll tax cuts because they have the biggest return.”

He added, “What I would like to say to both Speaker [John] Boehner and to the president is, OK, you both have your deal. Go work it out. Meanwhile, focus on putting America back to work now, because it just confused Americans.”
"Go work it out." Yeah, I'm sure the GOP will be happy to "work things out." Just as they did on the stimulus, health care reform, the debt ceiling, etc.

I mean, the idea that Obama's equally unwilling to make a deal as the GOP is nucking futs.

No comments: