Saturday, September 04, 2010

Haley Barbour: Southern right-wingers ended Jim Crow.

Yeah, not so much.
"The people that led the change of parties in the South ... was my generation," the 62 year old Barbour told an interviewer from Human Events. "I went to an integrated college. Never thought twice about it. And it was the old Democrats who had fought for segregation so hard. By my time, people realized that was the past, it was indefensible, wasn't going to be that way any more."
Hahahaha!

Barbour says,
"I don't know what possessed me, other than my oldest brother came home from the Army a Goldwater Republican in 1965."
Now why was that?

Could it have been that Civil Rights Act of 1964 thing that Goldwater opposed? Here's the states he won.


Amazingly, Mississippi went Republican!

Nice try, Haley.

No comments: