Friday, August 10, 2007

Bill Kristol is a Flaming Douchebag*

Kristol:

I spent a week in Iraq recently, and here's what impressed me most: the Americans.


Really? Awesome. Let the flourishing Iraqi democracy commence! And what did you think of the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

I'm not an uncritical cheerleader for the American military.


In an unrelated note, I'm not a New York Jew who writes for InstaPutz.

Occasionally you'll hear a leftover Rumsfeld-era talking point about how our job is to get out of the way and transition everything over to the Iraqis as quickly as possible.


This is a talking point? Letting the Iraqis run their own country is a talking point?! No, my friend, this diktat came from the Big Man Himself. Ahem.

Our goal is to turn over authority to Iraqis as quickly as possible.

-- GWB, 2003


*And the sky, they say, is blue.

No comments: