Friday, July 27, 2007

Why does John Cole hate the troops?

Hilarious (reposted from TS's link below):

And, as I have stated before, I don’t know if the things he wrote (Beauchamp) are true, and I really don’t care. What I find disgusting is the desperate attempts to prove that these piddling things did not or could not happen, when we all have documented proof that FAR WORSE things have happened. I mean, fucking seriuosly:

A GI ran over a dog? OMG NO. OUTRAGE, SLANDER! COULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.
A GI played with skeletal remains in a GY? OMG, NO WAI! NEVER COULD HAVE HAPPENED- WHY DO YOU HATE THE TROOPS.
– GI’s made fun of a disfigured woman? OMG, IMPOSSIBLE.

I mean, seriously, folks. Get a fucking grip.

The funniest thing (saddest) about this whole affair is that but for the outrage noise machine in the right wing blogosphere, no one would have even known what this guy wrote. I sure as hell didn’t until the professional idiots started their link circle jerk and it made it to memeorandum.com. But now, you all have worked yourself into such a lather it is only a matter of time before Howard Kurtz and someone else pick the story up and run with it- and it gets national and international attention. BRAVO. Way to smear the troops, knuckleheads.

No comments: