Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Necessary Price

There's a special place in hell for William Kristol:

HH: ...And I wonder when will John McCain come back from Iraq? I guess he was going to time it until Friday, but I don’t think he has that much time, does he?

BK: No, no, I think he’s back, and I think he’s speaking on the Senate floor tomorrow, and I hope he steps up. I don’t think he’s going to be the Republican nominee, but he could really do the country a service by assuming leadership of the people in the Senate, in the Congress, and to some degree, even in the country, who understand that we’re at war with al Qaeda, we’re in a proxy war with Iran. It’s a winnable war. We’re a great and rich and strong country. We can beat these guys. But we need to support our troops, and put our mind to it, and pay the necessary price. And you’re right. This notion that we can sort of carefully calibrate, and if something isn’t perfect two months in, one month in, less than one month in to a major military operation. It really is as if three weeks after D-Day, people were standing up on the floor of the Senate and saying hey, some of those landings didn’t go well, and hey, a bomb went off somewhere, and hey, a glider crashed and people were killed, and I guess we just have to rethink everything.


How many Iraqi civilians and U.S. soldiers have to die to maintain Bill Kristol's erection?

No comments: