25. "If [the shooting of Gabby Giffords in] Tucson tells us anything at all, it tells us this: Government has failed." - Wayne LaPierre, CEO off the National Rifle Association.21. "[Obama's reelection] would subject the country to what might be a fatal last dose of statism." - Mitch Daniels.
19. "Anybody that brings up amnesty in this Congress, we need to just take the scarlet 'A' for amnesty and pin it on them." - Rep. Steve King.
17. "Our liberties, which have made us great, are now destroying us." - Rev. Michel Faulkner, at the CPAC "Traditional Marriage and Society" panel.
16. "We should end the Environmental Protection Agency’s war against American oil and gas." - Newt Gingrich.
15. "A lawsuit a day helps keep the liberals at bay." - Dr. Mike Adams at the CPAC "Defending Free Speech on Campus" panel.
14. "Maybe conservatives need to start thinking about forming other institutions, and new types of universities that will be able to create our own Harvards and our own Yales and our own Princetons." - Dr. Richard Brake, Intercollegiate Studies Institute, at the same panel.11. "I have fairly but intelligently earned many billions of dollars which, in a sense, was both a scorecard and acknowledgment of my abilities." - Three-time bankrupt Donald Trump.
10. "When they talk about raising your taxes, I think raise the taxes on some of these countries that are taking advantage of the United States." - Donald Trump, again.7. "Leftist, socialist, former and current communist czars." - Pat Boone, on the Obama administration.
6. "The objective of the liberals is to destroy this country." - Herman Cain.
4. "What do you mean, 'knowing that there are more jailed journalists'? I think there should be more jailed journalists!" - Ann Coulter.
2. "It's just like a liberal, they import slaves, they hold slaves, they fight for slavery, they go to war in a civil war to defend slavery. They then install legal discrimination against blacks for a hundred years…" - Ann Coulter.0. "Sit down and shut up." - Dick Cheney as he was heckled by protesters.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Reasonable people, Serious debate
The 25 best quotes from CPAC, proving beyond any shadow of doubt that the right is led by decent, reasonable, and highly serious people. Some highlights: