Thursday, May 06, 2010

Shut up, Bristol.

I mean, really.
Think teen-mom Bristol Palin has it easy as the daughter of a famous, wealthy politician? Think again.

"[My parents] are there for support when I need it emotionally, but I'm on my own financially. I work an 8-to-5 job, five days a week," Palin, 19, who's raising 16-month-old Tripp, told PEOPLE. "My parents help out, but they're not at my disposal. I think that's a huge misconception."

Bristol's mother, Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice-presidential candidate, has earned millions since leaving office last July. But not a lot of that money is apparently going to buy diapers for Tripp.

"I'm doing it by myself," Bristol said. "I live by myself, I'm working to provide for [my son]. It is difficult. Financially, it's very difficult."

Yeah, it's a tough life this kid has, palling around with Dr. Drew, dinner at Cipriani, appearing on The View. Oh, and $1750 a month from Levi and a rent-free apartment in her mom's new house.

Bristol Palin is the only teen mother in America for whom getting knocked up was a sound financial decision.

No comments: