Friday, January 15, 2010

It Burns.


A Curious Man [via]

If the President gave a press conference and I were allowed lob a few questions, I'd probably ask about short- and long-term plans to reduce unemployment, the prospects of repealing DADT, canceling Haiti's debt, and so on.

But I am not Jay Nordlinger, Senior Editor of the flagship conservative publication National Review.

You know what I’d like to see Obama asked about? I have yakked about this in Impromptus, but will do so again here. I’d like to see him asked about his bowing: before the Saudi king, the Japanese emperor, and the Chinese premier. He did not bow before the British queen, the Norwegian king, and others. So, what are the rules? What are his criteria? How does he decide? Is there a diplomatic calculation? Is it simply spur-of-the-moment?

I am not interested in “gotcha” (honestly). I am genuinely curious.


You know what, Jay? I believe you.

Like Glenn Beck, I fear for my country. But for different reasons.

No comments: