Thursday, October 29, 2009

RedState to Shep Smith: You're Not Gay, Are You?

A couple of days ago, Shep Smith apologized for the "lack of balance" during a FOX segment on the NJ governor's race.

It was a nice moment.

Today's response from Erick Erickson is, well, curious:


This is just silly. The Corzine team won't sit for an interview with Fox, so Shep Smith thinks they should not have interviewed Christie. Too much time in piano bars will cause you to lose your mind I guess.

What? Piano bars? What? Whatever could could Mr. Erickson be referring to?

Presumably this:


Smith once chatted me up in a New York City gay piano bar, bought me drinks, and invited me back to his place. When I declined, he asked me to dinner the next night, another invitation I politely refused.

We sat at the bar chatting and drinking martinis until 3 a.m., our conversation interrupted only when he paused to belt out the lyrics to whatever showtune was being performed.


Ah. So RedState's position is, I guess, that only a homosexual would traffic in balanced reporting.

...This comment from a RedState reader is priceless:

Shep Smith lost all credibility standing on the bridge with the dead body in NO during Katrina bemoaning and whining that no seemed to be doing anything about the dead body. Hey Shep, put it in your trunk and take it to Costco and put it in their produce cooler.

No comments: