Friday, April 24, 2009

Great Moments in Liberalism.

Yeah, Even The New Republic was, for a very long time, a marvelous magazine.

Now this is being published in its name:

I Don't Lose Sleep Over Terrorists Being Walled

I am quoting a New Republic colleague from this morning's editorial meeting. But frankly I, too, do not lose sleep over some terrorists being thrown against a supple wall a couple of times. And I find myself mystified why putting a terrorist in a box with a caterpillar is thought of at all as illegal and unforgivable.



Marty Peretz, the author of this drivel, is a kept man with an exceedingly wealthy wife. He doesn't need to work and it's a mystery why he keeps at it. The idea that he might lose sleep over, well, anything is laughable.

I'd threaten to cancel my subscription but I let it lapse ages ago.

No comments: