Wednesday, February 04, 2009

An adult in the White House.

George W. Bush, over 3 1/2 years into his Presidency:
Q. In the last campaign, you were asked a question about the biggest mistake you'd made in your life and you used to like to joke that it was trading Sammy Sosa. You've looked back before 9/11 for what mistakes might have been made. After 9/11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say? And what lessons have you learned from it?

A. Hmmm. I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it. I'm sure historians will look back and say, Gosh, he could have done it better this way or that way. You know, I just ? I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet.

Barack Obama, not a month into his:
"I'm frustrated with myself, with our team. ... I'm here on television saying I screwed up," Obama said on NBC.

No comments: