Friday, August 15, 2008

K-Lo...

Is quite possibly the most loathsome pundit in America:

"divorced, stigmatized and barred any legal protections" Kathryn Jean Lopez]

Andrew Sullivan says that's how I want gays in America to live. No, I just want to protect the institution of marriage — which is between a man and a woman. That doesn't necessitate marginalizing or making second-class citizens of anyone. It's protecting the integrity of what marriage is.

I know we disagree and that doesn't delight me in any way. But marriage between man and woman, raising children is at the heart of civilization. And we're in danger of losing it. That can't be. Redefining it would be the wrong direction.



It gives me no pleasure to say it, but Sullivan is exactly right. At this point, is it even worth pointing out that Lopez is childless -- presumably because her insides are a rocky place where Goldberg's seed can find no purchase -- so, by her logic, she's just as culpable as the 'mos in wrecking civilization?

If someone pushed her overboard I wouldn't weep. I may be filled with bile, but, unlike Lopez, mine is aimed at those who hold all the cards.

...UPDATE: I'm sometimes surprised what the memeorandum folks will link to.

No comments: