Friday, June 06, 2008

"Street Organizer." (update)

I'm going to have to disagree with Ben and Chris Hayes about the term 'street organizer.' It's weird, I guess, but apparently Obama himself has described himself that way:
[Senator Kirk] Dillard said, “I remember Rickey chiding Obama that, ‘What do you know, Barack? You grew up in Hawaii and you live in Hyde Park. What do you know about the street?’ To which Obama shot back: ‘I know a lot. I didn’t exactly have a rosy childhood. I’m a street organizer by profession and a lot of my area, once you get outside the University of Chicago neighborhoods, is just as tough as your West Side, Rickey.’ ”


So I can't get too worked up, you know?

...Upon further reflection: It pays to be double-teamed sometimes. I was too flip. Yeah, that's some ugly shit.

No comments: