Thursday, June 05, 2008

I Hate To Say This...

But there is certain strain of Clinton supporter that isn't worth persuad[able]2.

We Obama supporters are told we ought to be conciliatory, and that it's in our best interest to spend the coming months kissing the asses of the bereaved 18 million.

I see the logic, I do.

But come on -- what the fuck?






I'm not asking for a denunciation of Flowbee's1 House of Puffery; I'm merely pointing out what we're dealing with here.

Clinton supporters may shrug this off, but No Quarter is not a fringe site -- as much as I might like it to be. It's the coin of the realm of Clinton's activist base and is often linked from TalkLeft and Taylor Marsh, giving it what you might charitably call legitimacy.

40,000 visitors a day is quite a lot of crazy, if you ask me.

...Somewhat related: "I want to see Barack Obama out there courting the vote of all women. I want to see him talking specifically about what his plans are. But I've got no interest in seeing him court those who would use feminism, as a cover for their own blackaphoic views. Later for them. Let them vote McCain, and go join the party where bigotry is part of the platform. The rest of us have a country to save."

[via]

1Believed to be the source of Johnson's moniker.
2Grace is as usual correct.

No comments: