Sunday, May 25, 2008

Go Away From My Window, Leave At Your Own Chosen Speed.

I'd have more sympathy for Taylor Marsh's gnashing of teeth over Clinton's RFK gaffe if she weren't already on the record saying
Can you imagine if Hillary Clinton said someone was a "typical black person?"

Seriously, Barack Obama basically called all white people racist.


I wonder: Given the severity and over-the-top nature of quotes like this and others, how will Ms. Marsh and the like rationalize supporting Obama?

Me, I've really tried to avoid writing petty, non-serious criticisms of Senator Clinton because a) what's the point? but b) it's not like I would ever vote for McCain. So why pretend otherwise?

It's a mystery to me how Marsh, who has spent months slagging Obama with inane, inconsequential shit, is going to argue that Obama will make a better President than McCain. Because she will, sooner or later. (I suspect that she, like most rational, non-mouth-breathing Americans, has at least a sentimental attachment to Roe v. Wade, church and state and our recently-departed friend, habeas corpus.) And when that day comes, how will Marsh say, with a straight face, "I wholeheartedly support Senator Obama, who thinks I am a racist?"

KnowwhatImean, Vern?

Needless to say, I've been stockpiling popcorn for weeks.

No comments: