Thursday, April 24, 2008

McCain's Tell.

Today:
On his campaign bus today, McCain responded to Hagee’s comments, calling them “nonsense” at least “eight times”:

It’s nonsense, it’s nonsense, it’s nonsense, it’s nonsense, it’s nonsense. I dont have anything additional to say. It’s nonsense, it’s nonsense, it’s nonsense, I don’t have anything more to say…it’s nonsense. I reject it categorically.


2004:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Trying to stamp out speculation that he might consider joining Democratic Sen. John Kerry's ticket, Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona insisted Sunday that he would not do so under any circumstances.

He said he would campaign and vote for President Bush in the fall, despite their policy differences.

"No, no and no. I will not leave the Republican Party. I cherish the ideals and principles of Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan," he said on NBC's "Meet The Press."



[His people did, in fact, approach John Kerry about joining the ticket.]

2000:

Bush and McCain emerged from their 90-minute private meeting with a public handshake to cement their political alliance to defeat Vice President Al Gore, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. Still, strains from their bitter GOP primary bout were evident.

"I endorse Governor Bush, I endorse Governor Bush, I endorse Governor Bush," McCain replied when reporters asked if he had difficulty using the "endorse" word.

No comments: