Sunday, March 23, 2008

Find Another Fucking Search Engine, K-Lo.

Today:

Nothing Special About Today [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
Like, Memorial Day, Easter appears to be a holiday Google doesn't do — although it managed to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and the first day of spring (even if they skipped Jonah and my birthdays!) this past week.

I've never understood Lopez's weird Google fixation. It goes back quite a ways and almost always takes the form of "why doesn't the godless international search engine appreciate my Christian holiday and/or patriotism?"

Take a look at her complaints:
-- Google doesn't know that 9/11 changed everything.

-- Foreigners do not love America with sufficient fervor.

-- Google does not love the troops.

-- Where art thou Easter Bunny?

(I'm sure there a few I missed.) Mr. Roy Edroso, a Lopez historian of sorts, once wrote about her obsession and sagely observed, "This sort of thing reminds me of why I love America: here, even the hopelessly retarded may find a place in the sun, and sometimes even a sinecure."

Indeed.

No comments: