Monday, February 18, 2008

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours," I said that. (Updated.)

Michael Weiss's column Barack Obama's vulnerabilities is pretty inane and is sure to make the likes of Taylor Marsh very moist, but it's not unusually so. Thus, I'll limit my criticism to this sentence:
As Joan Didion famously observed, when Americans say “No man is an island,” they think they’re quoting Bob Dylan.

O rly? For such a famous observation, young Michael manages somehow to fuck it up.


















Greenberg, iceberg, it's all the same to me.

I eagerly await the mass firing of the Pajamas Media factchecking desk and a prominently placed correction.

...Well played, Michael.
* The original version of this piece mistakenly identified the Didion reference as one to Bob Dylan. Special thanks to “old” Instaputz for spotting the error.

No comments: