Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Zowie. Burt Prelutsky is Truly a Douchebag.















Above: Burt Prelutsky

Burt Prelutsky makes me nostalgic for the well-argued, probing elegance of a Michael Medved review. Yikes.
For my part, what I’ve been noticing is that a fair number of movies have adopted the rape of males as a plot device. Whereas I don’t recall its ever being employed during the first 25 years or so that I was seeing movies, I have now come across it in “Deliverance,” “Prince of Tides,” “The Shawshank Redemption,” “Mystic River” and now “The Kite Runner.” That doesn’t include “Brokeback Mountain,” where sodomy was the order of the day, but at least it was consensual.

To tell you the truth, I find myself longing for the good old days when every movie didn’t last close to three hours and a guy could be humiliated and still keep his pants on.

Hmmm. I think it's mighty revealing that after watching such a diverse bunch movies, all Burt thinks about is ass-fucking...

[via]

...Hehindeed!
I love that Bert Prelutsky, in his rant about how homo-butt-rape is dominating the movies nowadays, lists five movies, including Deliverance. Which was made in 1972. So he’s basically complaining about an average of homo-rape movies of about one every seven years.
and
“I was always struck by the fact that my readers would insist that I never liked movies, even after I’d just written a rave about, say, “The Apartment” or “Some Like It Hot” … To tell you the truth, I find myself longing for the good old days when every movie didn’t last close to three hours and a guy could be humiliated and still keep his pants on.”

OK, has he actually ever seen Some Like it Hot?

No comments: