Friday, November 02, 2007

Glenn Reynolds' blog, in a nutshell.

I've concluded, after about a year and a half of careful analysis, that Putz's posts fall into three categories. (updated below) (updated again)

Here's the first category: The Anti-Anti-(insert cause) Dodge.
I think we should do more about climate change, but I hate it when people talk about it, especially when they criticize Bush -- there's nothing he can do about it, anyway.

I'm against torture, but I hate it when people talk about it, especially when they criticize Bush -- there's nothing he can do about it anyway.

I think we should allow gay marriage, but I hate it when people talk about it, especially when they criticize Bush -- there's nothing he can do about it, anyway.

I think we should keep religion out of politics, but I hate it when people talk about it, especially when they criticize the GOP -- there's nothing Republicans can do about it, anyway.

I'm a libertarian, but I don't like CATO and Ron Paul, especially when they criticize Bush -- there's nothing he can do about it, anyway.
Any more?

The second category is way easier, and it's just straightforward Right Wing Noise:
ACE IS RIGHT. Obama smeared the troops.

Hsu, Hsu, Hsu, Hsu, Hsu, Hsu.

INDEED: Pam at Atlas Shrugs says Jimmy Carter is a terror-loving America-hater.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth really need to be taken seriously.

Was Tim McVeigh an agent of Saddam? Why isn't anyone looking into this?

HEH: Don Surber says Al Gore is a fat hypocrite.

They're not anti-war, they're just on the other side.

Howard Dean. Heh.

Rush said something interesting today about Hillary...

Democrats lack the self-discipline to be patriotic. So does the media.
The third category is Techno Wankery, Cooking Tips and Geeky Books:
So while I was slow-cooking the other day, I read this fantasy book about the Confederacy inventing time travel, and thought, why don't I have the new Black & Decker cordless trimmer?
That's it. You never need to read Putz again.

UPDATE

And no, this post isn't a sign off. TS and I aren't going anywhere. We still have plenty of mocking to do. Think of this post as a primer for new readers.

UPDATE 2

Chris, helpfully notes in comments:
Would "I stopped reading Andrew Sullivan/Glenn Greenwald a long time ago, but he said something mean about me today" count as a category, or would it be in Miscelllaneous - or can "Channelling Ann Althouse" count as a category?
Wait for it...



Heh.

No comments: