Thursday, September 27, 2007

Will someone from Tennessee take look at this list?

By my count, 13 soldiers from Tennessee have been killed in Iraq this year.

Will someone who knows the state see how many from this list are from Marsha Blackburn's district? My guess is it's a number that shouldn't be a strain on her memory, if she cared as much about the troops as she does an ad in a newspaper.

UPDATE

Thanks to Actor212, we've got a list:

Germantown
Secher, Robert M. Captain 08-Oct-2006

Franklin
Buerstetta, Richard A. Lance Corporal 23-Oct-2006

Clarksville
Winkler III, Harry A. Private 1st Class 12-Nov-2006
Cerrone, Michael A. 1st Lieutenant 12-Nov-2006

Only four soldiers from Marsha Blackburn's district have been killed in Iraq this year. I'm sure she can name four loyal well-heeled donors. I'm sure she can name four lobbyists. I'm sure she can recite four DC eateries she's dined in the past year. And I'm quite sure she can rattle off four reasons the MoveOn newspaper ad is bad for America.

But she can't, when asked, name the most recent of four men who died for Bush's mistake -- the mistake she continues to support.

No comments: