Sunday, March 18, 2007

Putz continues the hypocrisy campaign against Gore.

I'm guessing Putz is very worried about a Gore candiacy, because he's still obsessing with him. Linking to yet another "hypocrisy" story about Gore (that's old news):
But this illustrates a problem with the environmental movement -- when you push your ideas not as a pragmatic, technocratic approach, but instead sell it as a messianic moralistic quasi-religious one, then things like this do look hypocritical.
How true.

The Republicans and George W. Bush would never frame their ideas in moralistic, religious terms, let alone messianic ones.



"I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

And "now again", Mr Bush is quoted as telling the two, "I feel God's words coming to me: 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God, I'm gonna do it."

No comments: